By Joseph Obumneme,
Leading our teeming readers into the achievements of President Muhamadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osibajo
1. “Despite 60% less revenue, we have, by stopping grand corruption, made the highest capital spend in the history of the country in the sum of about N1.3 trillion. We are, for the first time, taking on the game-changing infrastructure projects.” – VP YEMI OSINBAJO
2. The capacity of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) to transport energy has grown to 7,125 MW as at December 2017, up from about 5,000MW in 2015.
3. The road projects being funded by the 100 billion Naira Sukuk Bond raised in 2017 are ongoing. Each geopolitical zone got 16.67 billion Naira.
4. (QUOTE) Minister of Power, Works and Housing: “More power is coming to Nigeria in 2018, from Azura (450 MW); Katsina Wind (10 MW); Gbarain (115MW); Kashimbilla (40MW); Afam III (240MW); Gurara (30MW); Dadin Kowa (29MW); Kaduna (215MW) to mention a few… not [including] mini-grids and solar systems in various stages of development.”
5. Impact of the 1st Phase of the Federal Government’s Energizing Education Programme (EEP), planned for 2018. The EEP, being implemented by the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) aims to provide dedicated and reliable electricity to a total of 37 Federal Universities and 7 University Teaching Hospitals across Nigeria. The University of Lagos has been enjoying this.
6. From the Niger Delta Power Holding Limited (NDPHC): The Niger Delta Power Holding Company, (NDPHC), jointly owned by the Federal, State and Local Governments, has commenced the construction of an US$18m power transmission and transformation substation, in Lafia, Nasarawa State, to improve power supply across the country, particularly in Abuja, Nasarawa and neigbouring states. The substation is scheduled for completion and inauguration before the end of 2018.
7. From the Rural Electrification Agency: The #Energizing Economies Initiative of the REA aims to provide 24/7 electricity to economic clusters across the country which have a high impact on the economy. Its first phase, the deployment of solar home systems to 500 shops in Sabon-Gari Market in Kano State, has just been completed. Future deployments planned for Ariaria Market in Abia State,
List of the Road Projects being executed by President Muhammadu Buhari Administration, these roads are being funded by the N100 Billion Sukuk Bond:
✓ Construction of Oju/Loko–Oweto bridge over River Benue to link Loko (Nasarawa state) and Oweto (Benue state) along route F2384
✓ Dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road section I (International Airport link road junction–Sheda Village)
✓ Dualisation of Suleja–Minna Road in Niger State Phase II (km 40+000-km101+000)
✓ Dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road: Section IV Koton Karfe–Lokoja in Kogi State
✓ Dualisation of Lokoja-Benin Road: Obajana–Okene in Kogi State
✓ Dualisation of Kano–Maiduguri Road linking Kano– Jigawa–Bauchi–Yobe
✓ Dualisation of Kano–Maiduguri Road linking Kano– Jigawa–Bauchi–Yobe–Borno States. Section III (Azare– Potiskum) in Bauchi
✓ Dualisation of Kano–Maiduguri Road linking Kano– Jigawa–Bauchi–Yobe–Borno States. Section IV (Potiskum–Damat
uru road) in Yobe
✓ Dualisation of Kano–Maiduguri Road linking Kano– Jigawa–Bauchi–Yobe–Borno States. Section V (Damaturu–Maidu
✓ Dualisation of Kano–Maiduguri Road linking Kano– Jigawa–Bauchi–Yobe–Borno States. Section I (Kano– Wudil–Shuari) in Kano
✓ Dualisation of Kano–Katsina Road Phase I, Kano Town at Dawanau roundabout to Katsina border in Kano
✓ Construction of Kano Western Bypass as an extension of dualisation of Kano–Maiduguri Road Section I
✓ Construction of Kaduna Eastern Bypass
✓ Rehabilitation of outstanding section of Onitsha–Enugu
Expressway: Amansea–Enugu border
✓ Rehabilitation of Enugu–Port Harcourt dual-carriage Section I: Lokpanta–Umuahia in Abia
✓ Rehabilitation of Enugu–Port Harcourt dual-carriage Section II
Umuahia tower–Aba Township Rail
✓ Rehabilitation of Enugu–Port Harcourt Road Section III: Enugu–Lokpanta
✓ Rehabilitation of Enugu–Port Harcourt Road Section IV: Aba–Port Harcourt in Rivers
✓ Dualisation of Yenegwe Road Junction–Kolo–Otuoke– Bayelsa Palm in Bayelsa
✓ Dualisation of Lokoja–Benin Road: Obajana Junction– Benin Section II Phase I: Okene–Auchi, Kogi/Edo states
✓ Dualisation of Lokoja–Benin Road: Obajana Junction– Benin Section III Phase I: Auchi–Ehor in Edo
✓ Dualisation of Lokoja-Benin Road: Obajana junction– Benin Section IV Phase I: Ehor–Benin City, Edo state
✓ Reconstruction and asphalt overlay of Benin–Ofosu– Ore–Ajebandele–Shagamu dual-carriage Phase IV
✓ Reconstruction of outstanding section of sections of Benin–Ofusu–Ore–Ajebandele–
✓ Dualisation of Ibadan–Ilorin Road. Section II: Oyo– Ogbomosho Road in Oyo.