It was like yesterday when the Com.Alhaji Fatiu Salisu led administration of Ijede LCDA was sworn in as the Executive Chairman of Ijede LCDA on the 25th of July, 2017 and his Legislative Cabinet some days later with high hope,expectations and popular mandate given by the entire populace of Ijede LCDA.
Today, the people of Ijede LCDA from far and near can testify to the accelerated development that has encapsulated the LCDA from the resources allocated from Government allocations and Internally Generated revenues from the residents, there is still much to be achieved, it’s not yet ” Uhuru ” we must confess, there is still need for improvements and concerted effort must be made to attain our dreamland.
Within the Two years of our administration, we have been able to achieve some level of progress via laudable Projects and beneficial programmes which has provided a quantum leap towards accelerated development of our dear Ijede LCDA amongst which are:
WORKS AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Renovation of Industrial Water Borehole at Etita area of Ijede
- Complete renovation, tiling and painting of a 6 Block of Classrooms at Anwarul Islam Primary School, Ijede
- Presentation of a Space Bus to the Ijede LCDA Revenue Team and created additional Area offices to boost revenues collection.
- Grading of link and inner roads within Ijede LCDA to motorable status.
- Construction of 270 meters drainage at Welcome Area along Ikorodu road and patching of same with Asphalt.
- Construction of 211 Meters drainage with 25 Meters Box Culvert at Ahmaddiyyah/Junction areas of Ijede LCDA.
- Construction of 240 Meters drainage with 15 Meters Box Culvert at Mahmud Ahmaddiyyah College area of Ijede.
- Ongoing Construction of 170 Meters drainage with Box Culvert at Oke-Eletu area of Ijede, project at advance stage.
- Renovation of Abule-Eko Primary Health Centre in Abilene Area of Ijede.
- Ongoing Construction of Modern Office Complex at the Ijede LCDA Secretariat,Madan area of Ijede, project at advance stage.
- Distribution of Official Vehicles ( First Batch) to the Vice Chairman, SLG, Legislators and Head of Administration.
HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT
- Clearing and desilting of drainages within the LCDA, Idera area, Luwasa High School area, Junction areas etc.
- Continous supports to the Lagos State Government ” Cleaner Lagos” Initiative by Clearing of refuse within the LCDA and dump sites at Ebute Olowo, Odoro area etc.
- Organizing Tree Planting and other environmental friendly programs.
- Free Eye Medical Tests, Cataract Surgeries and drugs for residents.
- Free Malaria ,Blood pressure and Diabetes Tests and distribution of free drugs.
- Equipped 6 Block of Classrooms in Anwarul Islam Primary School with Furniture with Night Security Guards.
- Donation of free Notebooks to Public Primary School Students within Ijede LCDA.
- Organizes “Spelling Bee” Competitions for Students in the LCDA and top performers rewarded accordingly.
- Bursary and Scholarship awards to over 120 Indigenes and Residents Students of Tertiary Institutions, special consideration for Medical, Law and Engineering Students.
YOUTH AND SPORTS
- “IJEDE/EGBIN SAYS NO TO CULTISM” a re-orientation program that witnessed over 500 Cultists resolved to embrace Peace,shunned violence and surrendered dangerous weapons at their disposal.
- Organized Ijede LCDA Chairman Football Competition between Football Teams from various Streets and areas within the LCDA.
- Organized Annual Children Day Program with array of activities.
AGRIC AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Continuous Support and engagement with the CDC/CDAs within Ijede LCDA on area of drainage maintenance, purchase of High Voltage Poles, Electricity Transformers and grading if roads.
WOMEN AND POVERTY ALLEVIATION
Resuscitation of Ijede Vocational Center at Igbe Kapo, training, graduating and empowering Artisans, Tradesmen and Women in hundreds.
These and many more lofty programs were made possible through the unflinching support of the Legislative arm led by Hon. Akeem Shitta, the entire Executive Cabinet from the Vice Chairman, SLG and others, the Management Team and Staff of Ijede LCDA led by the Head of Administration, Mrs Sonate Adebanji, my Political leaders, Party Chieftains,members and the entire Populace of Ijede.
We can only do more and better with your consistent support, selfless advice, constructive criticisms and polite corrections,with this,our eldorado is close by.