…..Begins New projects to extend impressive record.
The admistration of the amiable Executive Chairman of Mosan-Okunola LCDA, Hon. Princess Olabisi Adebajo clocked 2 years exactly on Thursday, 25th July, 2019. And it is in view of that her Media Office is reviewing the 2 years of multiple projects which has been the story of the grassroots politician fondly referred to as “Abisco, Talk and Do”, by teeming admirers.
It is important to state at this jucture that the appellation of “Talk and Do” often used as an affix to the nick-name of the woman of substance, Abisco, is not a mere rhetoric but rather, an attribution to her nature of service delivery as a public office holder. She is a firm believer in the adage that, action speaks louder than words.
If not for the fact that, as a politician, she always needs to talk to her constituents from time to time at different fora, to bring them abreast of necessary pieces of information in respect of her administration, the Executive Chairman, considering her passion to always bring dividends of democracy to her people, would have just been doing without much of talking. And may be she would just have been tagged: “Abisco, Do and Do”, without adding the “Talk” to the cognomen.
Meanwhile, in just 2 years, the woman who is obviously in a hurry to deliver, has touched different facets of needs of the people of Mosan-Okunola and she is itching to do so much more. In a recent interraction with her by her Media Office, Hon. Princess Adebajo said:
“Immediately we took over the helms of affair in Mosan-Okunola, we hit the ground running by looking at areas of needs of our people and solving them one after the other. As much as we would have loved to tackle everything headlong, all together, the limited resources at our disposal necessitated the need to take it step by step, which has been working for us in Mosan-Okunola. And we assure our people that we would not stop doing our best to keep delivering dividends of democracy to them,” she promised.
She then went on to list some of the projects her administration has embarked upon so far:
(1) A sponsored Empowerment Initiative Programme tagged: Abisco Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) with 200 participants. And the beneficiaries were handed necessary equipments to start crafts of their own as a way of self sustenance at the expiration of their training. Some of the crafts learnt included Tailoring, Shoe Making, Barbing, Bead Making, Decoration, Cosmetology, Pedicure and Manicure, Baking, Hair Dressing, Small Chops and Chapman Making, Insecticide/Disinfectant Making, Make-Up/Gele Tying, and so on.
(2) Social Support Package for 200 Widows/ Widowers and the Aged in the LCDA.
(3) Constrution of steel link bridge at Water/Cele Village in Mosan-Okunola LCDA.
(4) Building of toilets with potable water supply at African Church Primary School, Mosan.
(5) Renovation of dilapidated roof to Aluminium long span roofing at African Church Primary School, Mosan.
(6) Distribution of 3000 School Bags, 27000 Exercise Books, 400 Desks and Tables to the 4 Public Primary Schools in the LCDA in its 1st phase viz: African Church Primary School, Abesan Primary School, Housing Primary School and Estate Primary.
(7) Patching and overlaying of asphalt on the bad portions of Mr Biggs Junction By 21 Road (Gowon Estate).
(8) Renovation and upgrade of Akinogun Primary Health Care Centre, Beside Ladega Market, Mosan.
(9) Constrution of ultra modern Motor Park and Bus-shelter at Bola Tinubu Model Market, Mosan.
(10) Costruction of 500 by 14 metre road and fixing of interlocking blocks on 5th Avenue Road, Rauf Aregbesola Market, Gowon Estate.
(11)Contruction of modern stalls/shops at Rauf Aregbesola Market, 5th Avenue, Gowon Estate.
(12) Construction of ultra-modern Shopping Mall at Pako bus-stop, Ipaja Road.
(13) Rehabilitation of the road extending from Adenle Junction to Aregbesola Hospital Junction via Mufutau Street, Okunola and fixing of interlocking bricks on same for durability.
(14) Grading of 4th Avenue Road, Abesan Estate, Ipaja.
(15) Ongoing rehabilitation of bad portions of 5th Avenue Road, Abesan Estate, Ipaja.
And few days ago, the tireless Executive Chairman concluded plans to begin works on construction of drainage at Odumbaku street, rehabilitation of Wesley Road, renovation of Rauf Aregbesola Primary Healthcare Centre (PHC) and rehabilitation of 5th Avenue Road. All these she is working assidiously to achieve in record time like she has always done.