There would be a formal unveiling of the biggest gospel music reality TV competition in Africa on the 8th of July, 2016 in Lagos Nigeria. The competition, which is known as Gospel Music Africa (GMA) will target gifted young people across the continent that are pursuing a career in music.
The competition, which is the initiative of MFI Xquisite Koncepts was conceived to provide a platform for young aspiring talented gospel musicians to develop their potentials. Specifically, GMA aims to:
– Raise a generation of young people accustomed to godly values; integrity, honesty, self-esteem, unity and passion for God’s work.
– Encourage young Gospel music singers to stay in Gospel music and not abandon it for the so-called “greener pastures” in secular music.
– Raise young gospel musicians that would serve as role models for the younger generation.
– Ignite the passion for a closer relationship with God in other for young people to get inspiration for the emancipation of African continent.
– Present a unique contemporary innovation that will give hope, soothe hearts, and uplift God’s royal banner in these days of unease.
According to MFI Xquisite Koncepts, for 8 weeks, 30 contestants from across Africa will be selected through an audition to be trained by a team of seasoned gospel music ministers, during which they would compete for the top position. There would be regional screenings to select the top 30 contestants across the continent.
The official unveiling, which will be taking place at the Lagos Oriental Hotel, will be hosted by H.E. Owelle Rochas Okorocha, the Executive Governor of Imo State.
Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara, the Speaker of the House of Representative is the Special Guest of Honour, The Governor of Plateau State H.E. Bar. Simon Lalong is the Guest of Honour, while the President-Elect of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Rev. Supo Ayokunle is the Father of the Day.
The overall winner of the competition will be going home with N5,000,000, a brand new car and an international record deal. GMA will undoubtedly give young people an opportunity to hone their skills and realize their dreams, as the conveners are committed to making it a yearly event.
This unveiling is put together with a view to creating a platform for networking among churches, pastors, gospel musicians, and the crème de la crème of international gospel music giants, Captains of Banks and Industries, Oil and Gas, Media gurus, Government functionaries, Security agencies, Telecoms, among others.
The event would be live stream on www.toritv.net.