Igboho chickens out on proposed Lagos rally after attack on his house


blank

The earlier scheduled mega rally for the Oodua republic sensitization which was to be held on Saturday 3rd of July in Lagos has been cancelled.

Popular Yoruba youth leader, Sunday Adeyemo, was to lead the rally but has cancelled the rally scheduled to take place in Lagos state following the attack on his house.

According to him, the reason for the cancellation was due to the killing of two persons in an attack on his house in the early hours of Thursday.

Igboho has now said the Yoruba Nation mega rally planned for Saturday will no longer hold.

Igboho has alleged the operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) and the Nigerian army for the attack on his properties.

He said he was shocked by the attack as he had not committed any crime to warrant being targeted. He added that the planned rally was meant to be a peaceful one.

“I fight for my family because Fulani bandits killed my family and raped them,” he said.

“Government refused to do the right thing for my family. That is why I am fighting for them, so I am surprised. They killed two people during the shooting, and they destroyed my property and my vehicles.”

Earlier, an umbrella body of Yoruba groups, Ilana Omo Oodua, had said the rally would go ahead despite the attack on Igboho’s house.

Banji Akintoye, the leader of the group, had said: “We want to confirm again that the Pro-Yoruba nation rally scheduled to hold on Saturday, July 3rd, in Lagos will proceed as scheduled.”

It would be recalled that similar rallies had been held in some parts of the southwest by Yoruba self-determination groups, with Igboho at the forefront.

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *